The COVID-19 pandemic has proved that remote work is beneficial for both employers and employees.
A study by Global Workplace Analytics found that part-time telecommuting saves money and boosts productivity, and a survey by PricewaterhouseCoopers found that 83% of employers believe remote work has been successful for their company and 55% of employees want to work at least three days from home after the pandemic ends.
According to a report by Upwork, 36.2 million Americans will be working remotely by 2025, which is an 87% increase from pre-pandemic numbers.
While GoTo and LogMeIn found that over 60% of U.S. employees would accept a salary cut to work at home, there are many high-paying remote working positions available.
Learning platform OneClass analyzed jobs, salary and economic data from various government and private sources and compiled a list of 12 top-paying remote work careers.
These jobs require a four-year college degree and are expected to show strong post-COVID growth. Many of them are in IT, finance, business management and advertising.
Here we go, 22 highest paying remote jobs 2022
1. Network Architect Salary: $121,640 Career outlook: 5% growth
2. Information Security Manager Salary: $115,602 Career outlook: 31% growth
3. Sales Director Salary: $100,431 Career outlook: 4% growth
4. Data Scientist Salary: $96,087 Career outlook: 15% growth
5. Cloud Engineer Salary: $95,961 Career outlook: 15% growth
6. Actuary Salary: $91,348 Career outlook: 18% growth
7. Human Resources Director Salary: $88,920 Career outlook: 6% growth
8. Marketing Director Salary: $88,211 Career outlook: 6% growth
9. Statistician Salary: $74,227 Career outlook: 33% growth
10. Business Development Manager Salary: $73,367 Career outlook: 7% growth
11. Financial Manager Salary: $73,154 Career outlook: 15% growth
12. Software Developer Salary: $71,590 Career outlook: 22% growth
13. Remote Developer Salary: between $75,000 and $125,000, on average.
14. Remote Project Manager Salary: between $45,000 and $150,000, on average.
15. Remote Content Writing and SEO Marketing Manager Salary: between $70,000 and $100,000, on average.
16. Remote Office Manager Salary: between $50,000 and $100,000, on average.
17. Remote Web Designer Salary: between $40,000 and $125,000, on average.
18. Remote Virtual Assistant Salary: between $60,000 and $125,000, on average.
19. Remote Customer Support Specialists Salary: between $25,000 and $60,000, on average.
20. Remote Recruiting Coordinator Salary: between $72,000 and $109,000, on average
21. Customer Success Manager Salary: between $69,000 and $121,000, on average
22. Onboarding Specialist Salary: between $69,000 and $72,800, on average
Other well-paid remote jobs/side jobs to consider:
These jobs require fewer skills and less training but in the long-term, a high-paid freelance career can be built.
According to career experts at FlexJobs, job seekers hoping to land work-from-home positions should customize their cover letters and resumes to highlight their remote working skills.
For example, applicants should prominently list any previous remote work that they’ve done, including any collaboration with satellite offices, and describe what that work entailed.
Applicants should also emphasize important remote working skills, such as communication, task management, time management, independent working skills and comfort with technology.
Why so many people are going remote?
People prefer remote employment for a variety of reasons, but the more flexible lifestyle is the most common.
Remote workers can focus on the things that are important to them outside of the office when they are not forced to be in an office within a certain time frame. If a remote worker is also a parent, he or she can start working earlier in the day to be there when the kids get home from school, or take time off during the day to go to the doctor or to the playground.
If you have some remote jobs addition or correction we would love to hear them. Let us know in the comment section below.